Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Big News!

 
We have a referral.
 
And travel dates.
 
And airplane tickets.
 
And a hotel room.
 
Yes, it's been a busy weekend -- sorry I haven't posted this on the blog, but I really wanted to get all the logistics ironed out.

The children who are soon to be ours (can we call them our children yet?) are both older than our beloved Super Pup.  So, to poke a little fun at other adoption and pregnancy announcements, I posted that picture to Facebook.  (Usually, the dog or an older child would be wearing a sign that says he's going to be a big brother.)
 
Our future son is 2.5, and our future daughter is 4.  They aren't biological siblings (we were told that there aren't siblings in our age range available), but they have been raised together. 
 
They are both absolutely beautiful children, but I'm not allowed to share pictures until they are legally ours.  I will be blogging during our trips, but the pictures I share will be of tourist sights, etc. Of course, we can't wait to share all of this with everyone, but we need to be respectful of the laws and culture of our future children's homeland.
 
At this point, we are both thrilled and completely overwhelmed.  Shopping, packing, and arranging a tourist visa for our 23-hour layover in Moscow consume all of my time and energy.  I alternate between impatience (because I can't wait to meet our children) and feeling the pressure of our travel dates being just around the corner.  So much to do, so little time -- and yet I don't think I could stand waiting any longer.

4 comments:

  1. This is so exciting! I have some questions for you about the I-600a/I-171H forms, and timeframes related to the dossier going to Kyrgyzstan in relation to those forms and the biometrics. If you wouldn't mind (I know you are probably crazy busy!), would you e-mail me at aubreekeys@yahoo.com, so I can e-mail you my questions instead of writing them all here? Thanks so much, and good luck coordinating the travel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally have your blog bookmarked so I can faithfully keep up on the latest. Can't wait to see pics of your little ones....even if they are just teasers (showing a hand holding yours, a foot on your lap, a tiny wisp of hair....you get the idea!!).

    This is an exciting time....keep blogging as much as you can even when traveling. I look back at Trip 1 and then the 5 weeks on Trip 2 and am so glad I blogged as much as I did. Brings back so many warm fuzzy memories!

    Congrats to both of you --- super parents in waiting!!!

    xoxo, Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      I love the teaser idea. I'll ask our coordinator if that is okay -- I'm also wondering if it is okay to talk about them on the blog using the new names we plan to give them.

      Delete