Thursday, September 11, 2014

Tourist Stuff in Bishkek

 Playing catch up on the blog again.  Tsk, tsk!  Of course, at least this time we have been busy with our travel, etc. 

There's very little that I can share about the visits with the kids -- things are going great with our son, and our daughter has really warmed up to me as well.  We found out more info on their medical status, but that's beyond what can be shared here.  Just about the only thing I can share is that our suspicions are confirmed and our daughter is in fact (at least) half Russian.

Our first trip has come to an end -- well, at least the part in Kyrgyzstan, with our kids -- and we're in the Moscow SVO airport on a layover, which is giving me the time and free wifi to catch up a bit on the blog.

Here are some of the memorable sights in and around Bishkek that we enjoyed seeing -- because that's something I can easily share.  :)


 
The Kyrgyz White House -- I'm not sure if the president lives here or if he just works here.

 
Manas and the large flag, by the national museum.

 
A statue in one of the parks.  I wish I knew more about so many of the little things we saw around Bishkek.

 
Swan sculpture covered in ivy in the park -- so pretty!


The famous Kyrgyz rugs inside of TSUM.

I want to get one as a wall hanging, but it will have to wait until next trip -- I ran out of luggage space this time.
 
The Bishkek War Memorial, for the Great Patriotic War (WWII).

 
We found Lenin.  I hear he used to be where Manas is now (in front of the "front side" of the museum) but of course after communism fell he was replaced with Manas.  This seems to be where they put ol' Vladimir Ilyich.


Another view of the White House -- I thought it was a cool angle.



Manas and the museum.
 
A close up of Manas, the legendary hero of the Kyrgyz people.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment