Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Percieved Perks

I always figured that there were two little perks to adoption over childbirth. 

1) Not getting sick to your stomach.

2) Getting to drink at your baby shower.

Lets just say that those better be some fan-freakin'-tastic margaritas, because perk number one just took a good, long hike.

Why, you ask, is adoption making me sick to my stomach?

Oh, this isn't some metaphorical post about how I hate waiting and it makes my stomach churn. 

Nope, this is a post about the oral typhoid vaccine.

It's unfair, I tell you.  My mother never got sick during her pregnancy, and here I am, feeling like death warmed over from our travel vaccine.  Ha!  Joke's on me, I guess.

Apparently, about one percent of patients have a negative reaction.  I am the 1%.  I expect the Occupy protesters to break down my door any minute now.  I don't think I'd have the energy to fight them off...

No comments:

Post a Comment