Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Notebook for Adoption Classes

 
As part of our home study, we have to take classes.  Tonight, we are attending our first class, Lifelong Issues in Adoption.  Knowing, of course, that I would need to take notes, I decided to pretty up a composition book.
 
Yep, that's right, that cute notebook was 55 cents at target.  It was your typical black composition book before I covered it in patterned paper and added a matryoshka, or Russian nesting doll, cut from my Cricut machine, using the Paisley cartridge.  All of the paper is from the 1934 collection by Cosmo Cricket, which is sold at Hobby Lobby as a single sided paper pack.  The rhinestone is also from Hobby Lobby from a one pound carton of clear gems.
 
I used foam pop dots to make the upper part of the doll stand out from the face and background.  I also popped up the band at the bottom.  The doll was cut at 8 inches, with real dial size turned off.
 
The Cricut cartridge can be found here:
 
And, for those of you who haven't caught the Cricut bug yet, here's an introduction to what they do:
 
I love the Cricut for scrapbooking, card making, home décor and more.  I don't receive any payment or free product from Cricut or its parent company, Provo Craft, or any other company.  I simply recommend them because I love their products.
 
Lifebooks, scrapbooks, and other memory keeping is an important thing for parents of adopted children -- so important, in fact, that it is on the docket to be discussed tonight at our class, based on the description in our home study packet.  As someone who already makes memory keeping a big part of life, I hope to make memory keeping a large part of this blog and I hope to share various tips, tricks, and products that help me along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment